Monday, January 19, 2015

The New and Improved Blog

Being single. It's a hard thing. I can't say that I am super fond of it. I haven't been on a date in a year! I am also getting to the age where everyone I know wants to help me find a husband. "Aw honey, we will find you a man. There has to be somebody out there for you!" This is a conversation I feel like I have almost daily. We live in a world that is in love with love. It's everywhere you go, and it is impossible to escape.

There have been many times in the past few years, more recently than I'd like to admit, where I have become so frustrated with my state of singleness. I have found myself wondering, why am I not married? Does God not want me to be married yet? I'm ready for a family, why can't He see that? Well, the other day I had an epiphany. I'm not actually ready. It's not time yet.  This was a hard pill for me to swallow. I am that girl who thought she would get married during or right after college. For a long time, I told myself that I was ready for that step. So, realizing that I was far from ready was not an easy thing to come to terms with.

I was praying the other day on the way to work. I was talking to God about how I was having a hard time with this single thing and how I needed His help to be okay with it. The words "I'm not finished with you yet" came to my head. At first, I kind of just shook it off, but it kept coming back. I thought about it some more, and I realized that God has more for me to do before I get married. He has more for me to see, more for me to experience, more for me to accomplish. I'm not going to lie, this scares me. I have always known and believed that God has bigger plans for me than I could see or know, but actually taking steps towards that is intimidating. However, God has shown Himself faithful to me time and time again, so why would I doubt His leading?

So, having said that, this is what my new and improved blog will be about. My life as a single women, seeking to know God more and do His will. I don't know what He has for me on the horizon, but I am so super excited to find out! And who knows if anybody will read this or get anything from it. But I hope I can inspire at least one young women to put her trust in God and follow His lead like I am striving to do each day.

Bye until next time,
Lauren

5 comments:

  1. I love this so much, Lauren! I'm in the same boat - I have that conversation on what seems like, a daily basis! I look forward to your future posts! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly. It's always encouraging to talk to people who are going through the same season. I'll be praying for you too!

      Delete
  2. I was where you were in my 20's. I thought I was ready as well. But God does have a perfect plan for you. He will bring you and the right guy together when it is the right timing for it. Just think, the guy is probably not ready yet either. I know you will encourage other single gals and guys. Just think of all you can do whenever and however you want to do it without having to check with someone else if they agree. Enjoy this season of life because God has blessed you with a great life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs. Val. That is so true. And it is very encouraging to hear from others who have been through a similar season. Thank you :)

      Delete