I decided right then, that I had to do something. Even if I could only help one child, it was a start. It took me a while to decide which child to pick. I kept thinking to myself, "How can I pick just one? They all need help. They all need to see God's love at work in their lives!" Well, finally I picked a four-year-old named Karoline. She is beautiful. Every time I see her face taped to my mirror I thank God that He has given me the opportunity to be her sponsor. I recently wrote her a letter and cannot wait to hear back from her! I am so thankful that I am in a season of life that allows me to do things like this. I love being used by God, no matter how big or small the task may be.
The stories of a girl. Seeking to know God more and do His will.
Monday, January 26, 2015
Compassion International
Recently, missions and outreach have really been on my mind. I think this is partly because of some of the awesome things my church has been doing. However, I also think that God is working on my heart to be more involved in these areas. So, as I had been thinking about this, we had a guest speaker at our church talk about Compassion International. He told a beautiful story of a man who had sponsored a child, and then got to meet him one day in a very emotional introduction. Of course, I was crying. When I got home, I started looking into the sponsorship program. As I was looking at and reading about all the children that needed sponsors, I started bawling sitting alone in my apartment. My heart was breaking for all of these children. They looked so sad, and I was picturing how hard there lives must be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so Blessed to have you as my grand-daughter !
ReplyDeleteThank you grandpa!
Delete