Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Oceans

One thing that I find so interesting about following God is the resistance that you face when you are on the right track or getting ready to have a breakthrough. I have experienced this several times in my life. When I decided to go to ORU, when I decided to become a teacher, and especially now that I am learning to be content and happy with the place God has me.

As I have been thinking and praying the past couple of weeks, every negative thing possible has been combating me. Past friendships and relationships have been plaguing my thoughts. (And not in a "Oh, that was fun" kind of way.) I have been more emotional than usual, and some things that I thought were going right, have actually taken a turn for the worst. It has been so disheartening. At times it has made me want to give up and question my decisions. That is the way Satan works. He makes you doubt and question your every move. And what's worse? He does it the most when you're taking steps towards God and the wonderful plans He has for you. How irritating is that?

I don't know about you, but it is really hard for me to stay focused on the good, when all the bad seems to be screaming at me. The song "Oceans" by Hillsong United is probably one of the best reminders to stay focused on God. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it! The lyrics beautifully describe the feeling of oceans of doubts, worries, and fears circling all around you. And it says to "keep your eyes above the waves" and focused on God. For me, this song is so comforting. I am so thankful for a God who can reach down and pull me out of my own thoughts. Through it all He is still God, He still has me in the palm of His hand, and His plans never fail.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    This is such a great reminder! I've been in this same boat, where it seems like any and everything possible can go wrong. Like the world is against you, in a sense. I love the gentle reminders God gives us, like "Oceans" or how He continuously promises us good things in His word. :)

    ReplyDelete