Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Peru

Where do I even start?
It's impossible to put into words everything I experienced with my team this week. We saw a building transformed into a safe, life-giving, beautiful church that many people will come to call home. We made friendships we never thought we would. We cried and laughed, many times laughing so hard we cried. We saw the love of God change lives.

I have to be honest, the day we left for the trip, I started panicking. I had been so busy leading up to the trip, that I hardly had time to stop and think about it. But the morning we left, it was all I could think about. I started worrying and questioning whether or not I had anything to contribute to the amazing group of people I was about to work with. I started questioning my effectiveness to show anyone the love of Christ. I felt so unqualified.

Thankfully, I am blessed with very encouraging friends. I had one of them remind me that I am God's creation, and He designed me to do His work and further His kingdom. I had been blessed with an opportunity, and I shouldn't take away from that with worry.  Man was that a good reminder!! I was so caught up in my thoughts, that I was forgetting the fact that God called me to go on that trip. And I was once again letting my thoughts get in my way.  Now, I won't say that I didn't have to continue to fight off negative thoughts throughout the trip, because I did.  But I was comforted by the knowledge that God equips His people when He calls them, and He makes their arms strong for their tasks.

As you can imagine, I will have much more to share about my trip in the coming days. But for tonight, I just want to remind you that God doesn't ask you to do things that are impossible. Anything that He calls you to, you are capable of doing. But the thing you cannot forget, is that you are ONLY capable of doing them with Him. It is Christ working through you and in you, that allows you to be effective and successful. Without Him, we are nothing and can do nothing. But He never leaves us or forsakes us (Deuteronomy 31:6). He will equip you (Hebrews 13:21).  He will strengthen you (Isaiah 41:10). He will make you strong for your tasks (Psalm 18:34). And He will shine through you when you allow yourself to be used by Him!

"Take this heart Lord. I'll be Your vessel. The world to see, Your love in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment