Why is it that every time we go through something, it feels as though we are going through it alone? Or that nobody else had ever gone through what we are going through? I know I have felt and thought that time and time again. The thing is, it's not even close to being true.
This past week has been pretty...terrible. Like, really really not good! However, I have been pleasantly surprised and comforted by the people in my life. My mom has been the biggest encourager, as she always is. One of my best friends came over late one night and brought me ice cream and let me yell and talk for hours. And she laughed and cried and yelled with me. (That's a good friend right there!) I came to work one day and all the girls on my team made sure I was okay. My lead teacher brought me a coke on a hard day, without even being asked. THEN, I had teachers from the high school send me chocolate and sweet messages through my mom. I don't even work with them, but they cared enough about me to try and make my day better. How blessed am I? And what a great reminder of how much God loves us and wants us to have people in our lives who will show us His love.
Now, I realize that not everybody has this many people in their lives to go through life with. And I realize that I am very fortunate. But I also believe that you probably have more people in your life that care about you and want to help you and love on you than you realize. The devil is very good at making you feel isolated. And in my opinion, I think it's because he knows how dangerous it is when Christians stick together and support one another! He wants you to doubt your ability to get through the situation and make you feel weak. But you most certainly are NOT.
Kari Jobe has a beautiful song called "I am Not Alone." It talks about how, no matter what we go through, God is always with us. When we walk through deep waters, when we're standing in the fire, through the valley, and when we're in the midst of deep sorrow. "I am not alone. You will go before me. You will never leave me... Lord you fight my every battle...You're my strength and my defender. You're my refuge in the storm. Through these trials you've always been faithful. You bring healing to my soul." What an amazing promise! I am so thankful that we serve a God who brings people across our path to help us through things, but also promises to walk through them with us Himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment