Don't you just love text language? You can convey a long phrase in just a few letters. It makes things so much faster! However, there is a downside...mis-communication and confusion. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to sit and stare at a text message, trying to figure out what somebody meant by a certain abbreviation. I find myself thinking "IDK what this means!"
Recently, I have also found myself thinking IDK about that things of God. I don't know why this is happening. I don't know why God is asking me to do this. I don't know why I feel this way. I don't know what the purpose of this is. I don't know if I can do what God is asking me to do. I don't know if I am capable. And on, and on, and on. As we have previously established, I am a planner. That also means that I like to know the reason behind things, I like to know what's going on, and why it's going on. I like to know what all the possible scenarios are and all the possible outcomes of those scenarios. Basically, I like to have all the information I could possibly have about everything ever. Really logical, right? Unfortunately for me, that's not the way God does things. If He gives me all the information I want (and feel like I need) then where does trust come in? Where does having faith in His Word and promises come in?
First of all, I am pretty sure that if God gave me the information I want, it would overwhelm, and maybe even scare, me. I know God has great things in store for me, but I also know that those things won't come until I am ready. So if I know about them now, before I'm ready, who knows what I would do! Secondly, if I know everything that's going to happen, then I have no reason to put my faith and trust in God to help me. I would try to make things happen on my own just because I know what is supposed to happen.
The thing that I find most challenging about this, is that knowing you are supposed to trust God (even when you don't know why) and actually doing it are two totally different things. I know that I need to trust Him, no matter the circumstances. But that doesn't make it any easier. I know that God will take care of me and carry me through the hard times, but the hard times still come. I know that God is close to the brokenhearted, but that fact alone doesn't magically mend my heart. It almost feels like a hopeless situation. However, I also know that God never leaves me or forsakes me, and He has never let me down before. So yes, idk why things happen the way they do or play out in a way that I don't understand. But I don't need to understand. I just need to believe that God always knows what He is doing, even when I don't.
And if anybody knows all the information you could possibly have about everything ever, I'm glad it's Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment