If you were to ask me in high school what kind of boyfriend I wanted. I probably would have said something about how I wanted him to be sweet and kind, love God, is a good listener, and does spontaneous things. (Which is interesting since I am not spontaneous AT ALL.) Well, the other day I had a "Hello, Lauren!" moment. I realized that this is exactly what God is doing with me and for me right now. I always wanted to go on Walk to Remember type date where the guy takes you to do a bunch of random things. Eat, dance, look at the stars, travel to a special spot, put on a temporary tattoo in the car while listening to yourself on the radio. (If that whole sentence confused you, go watch A Walk to Remember, then you'll appreciate the hilarity that it was.)
Anyway, this is what is happening in my life right now. God is calling me to do things and see things and go places that I never imagined. He is taking me on adventures, helping me meet new people, and do new things. I have to admit, while it is exciting, it has also been scary at times. But I still love it! Especially because, unlike a high school boyfriend, I know that He will stick around. And I know that I will be able to keep experiencing new and exciting things with Him. How comforting is it to know that someone you love so much and love being with so much wants to keep being with you, too?!
I have always said that I want to go on adventures. I love the idea of having an adventure book, like the precious couple in Up! It is so fascinating to me that things I've voiced, and even things that I have kept to myself, are happening all around me. I truly thought that when I graduated college and got a "grown-up" job, that my days for being able to have an adventure were over. Man, am I thankful for a God who is not limited by circumstances or my own thoughts and plans. I am happy to say that my days for having adventures with God are just beginning! I can't wait to see where we go and what we do next.
I love this so much! I think you hit the nail on the head! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was an easy one to write because I feel so strongly about it.
Delete