Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Did you forget?

Our brains are so interesting to me. They have the capacity to hold and do so much. Yet somehow, when it comes to spiritual things, we are so often forgetful. Maybe this is just me, and maybe you can't relate at all. If that is the case, please tell me your secret!
I have realized recently that when I face a challenge or trial in my job, a relationship, my finances, my family, or anything else, my first instinct is to be worried. I start trying to figure out how to fix it on my own. And guess what, that never works! And then, I feel like God says to me, "Did you forget? Have you forgotten all the times I have shown myself faithful to you? Why would this time be any different?" It's like an ah-ha moment. Well of course! Why was that not my first instinct??
I don't know about you, but I would like to get to the place where going to God and reminding myself of His faithfulness is the first thing I do when faced with a challenge.
He has shown Himself faithful to me more times than I can count. He has never left me or forsaken me, and I know that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. When something comes my way, I know that He is right there with me, ready to fight the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment